Sunday, August 28, 2011

a drawer a day

Clutter.

It has gotten out of control. It is everywhere: Drawers, closets, cupboards.

It's time to reclaim the pantry and to once again be able to see the surface of my desk. It's time to check expiration dates, toss pencils with no erasers and shred the piles of paperwork that are sitting on the floor of my office. I am tossing with abandon: Goodbye half-empty bottles of shampoo and clothes I haven't worn in a year. Adios to used birthday bags and useless wine corks (heaven knows I have a lot of those.)

Tomorrow it begins. I am making a commitment to organize at least a drawer or cupboard per day until it's done. It may take awhile, but I am steadfast in my goal: I will embrace this effort, once again instilling systems in my home to keep this mama sane.

Let's roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment